Ready to take your career to the next level? Regardless of the industry you work in, excellent communication and customer service skills are a must-have for success!
Career development is an ongoing process that always requires new skills. We’ve compiled a list of 100+ resources that offer helpful advice, tips, and downloadable templates to help you succeed! You’ll find professional communication tips, business success strategies, career guides, resume and cover letter templates, and more! Whether you’re just starting out in your field or want to advance your skillset, this list has something for everyone!
Do you want to improve your listening skills? Effective listening is a skill that can be learned and developed. It’s an essential part of communication, whether in person or online. You need to know how to listen well when communicating with colleagues and clients if you want to build strong relationships and be successful in your career.
We know it can be hard to get started with learning new things. That’s why this list of resources is perfect for anyone who wants to learn more about becoming a strong communicator! This list will help you develop the skills needed for success in today’s workplace. Click on the links below to check out our free resources!
- The Art of Listening: 8 Qualities That Make Great Listeners
- 5 Types of Listening You Need to Know
- 11 Barriers to Effective Listening and Tips to Overcome Them
- The Difference Between Hearing and Listening
- The Power of Appreciative Listening: Definition, Examples, and Tips
- Why Listening Is Important In Communication With Customers
- 4 Effective Steps to Use Analytical Listening in Problem Solving
- Critical Listening: 4 Steps for Career Success
- 5 Top Reasons Why Listening Is Important for Your Career Success
- Relational Listening: What It Is and Why You Should Be Doing It
- Passive Listening: Meaning, Examples, and Tips
- Selective Listening: Why It Can Be a Barrier for Workplace Communication
- FREE Effective Listening Course – 7-Day Challenge
Empathy at Work
Empathy is the ability to understand and share the feelings of another. It’s a skill that has been shown in studies to have many benefits for both people and companies, including increased productivity, decreased turnover rates, better client relationships, improved morale, and team performance.
If you’re looking for ways to improve your communication skills or just want some helpful tips on being more empathetic at work, these resources are for you!
- Empathy Superpower: The Key to Success at Work
- Empathy vs. Sympathy vs. Compassion: What’s the Difference?
- Empathy in Customer Service: Why It’s Important
- How to Express Empathy in Customer Service
- Understanding Empathy: What Empathy Is and Is Not
- Leading With Empathy: How Empathy Helps in Business
- Empathy Burnout: Can Empathy Be Bad For Your Career?
- 5 Signs Your Colleagues Lack Empathy
Professional Phone Communication
Learning how to communicate professionally on the phone is important for any professional. Speaking with confidence and clarity is one of the most important skills for success in today’s world. It can help you get more out of your job, improve relationships, and ensure customer satisfaction.
You don’t have to be born with strong communication skills – they can be learned! If you want to learn more about this topic, check out the resources below on developing professional phone communication skills.
- How to Improve Call Quality in Customer Service
- Warm Transfer: What It Is, Best Practices and More
- First Call Resolution Tips and Strategies
- 10 Must-Know Rules of Telephone Etiquette for Customer Service
- Learn How to Transfer Calls Professionally
- Managing Inbound Calls: Create a Winning Strategy
- Dealing with a High-Volume Caller
- How To Leave A Voicemail: Strategies, Tips & Scripts
- Writing Powerful Phone Scripts: Best Practices
- A Complete Guide to Inbound Call Center Services
Business Email Writing and Etiquette
Writing emails is a critical skill for career success. With the right tips and techniques, you can become a confident writer when communicating with colleagues and customers. We want to help you get started on the right foot, so here are some tips for writing effective business emails that get results!
- Email Correspondence at Work: Writing The Main Content
- Learn Proper Etiquette for Email Attachments
- Learn How to Address Multiple People in an Email
- What to Write in Response to Rude Emails
- Parts of an Email: Writing and Organizing Long Emails
- How to Write Really Good Emails at Work
- 35 Customer Service Email Templates to Say “Thank You For Your Response”
- How to Compose Emails That Are Easy to Understand
- Effective Writing: Using the Right Email Sign-offs And Signatures
- Core Parts of an Email
- Writing Effective Email Subject Lines
- Generational Gaps: Break Barriers in Email Communication
- Using Emails for Collaboration Among Employees
- How to Establish Credibility with Professional Emails
- Work Humor: Do’s and Don’ts in Business Emails
- Improve Your Relationship Skills Using Email
- How to Use Email for Record Keeping
- Improve Group Communication Using Email
- How to Build Your Professional Reputation Via Email
- Understanding Cultural Differences in Email Communication
Communicating with Clients and Customers
The best way to communicate with customers is to use the right words. But what are those words? How do you know if they’re appropriate for your situation? Explore our strategies for communicating with your customers to make sure they feel heard, respected, and understood.
It doesn’t matter if you work in marketing, sales, or customer service; these tips will help everyone improve communication skills and build rapport with customers!
- 20+ Examples of Probing Questions In Customer Service
- “Happy to Help” and 5 Alternative Customer Service Expressions
- How To Say No Without Saying No In Customer Service
- 20 Common Customer Service Phrases to Avoid
- 25 Testimonial Questions to Ask Your Customers
- 10 Techniques To Enhance Your Client Relations Skills
- How to Deal with “Cheap” Customers
- Apologizing to Customers: “Sorry for the Inconvenience”
- “How Can I Help You” and 5 Other Effective Customer Service Phrases
- Keyboard Warrior: Managing Customer Complaints Online
- Best Strategies to Deal with Rude Customers
- Top Conflict Management Styles Every Service Professional Must Know
- Effective Strategies for Managing Escalations in Customer Service
- How to Make Every Customer Interaction a Success
- How to Quickly Build Rapport With Customers
- Learn the Importance of Rapport Building in Customer Service
- How to Build Customer Trust and Loyalty
Customer Service Excellence Strategies
Excellent service is the key to success in any business. It’s what sets you apart from your competition. But how do you get there?
You need to make sure that every customer is happy with their experience with you, and they walk away feeling confident and satisfied with your products and services. Your customers should be your number one priority. These resources will help you ensure they get exactly what they need from you!
- 5 Secrets to Delivering World Class Customer Service
- The Customer Service Mindset: Keys to a Successful Career
- Is The Customer Always Right?
- 10 Ways to Deliver Value to your Customers
- 10 Simple Tips for Maintaining Professionalism in Customer Service
- What Do People Need? Get to Know Your Customers
- The Art of Customer Empowerment: Create Value and Drive Success
- Trouble Tickets and Trouble Ticketing Systems Explained
- How to Run a Successful Customer Meeting
- 7 Steps to Cultivating a Customer Service Culture
- Customer Focus: How to Put Your Customers First
- What Is Customer Obsession and Why It Matters?
- 8 Easy Ways to Improve Online Customer Service
- How to Become a Customer Advocate
- 5 Key Areas of Customer Service You Need to Master
- What Is Customer Perception and Why Is it Important?
- What It Means To Be Customer Oriented
- 10 Inspiring Quotes About Serving Others In Customer Service
- An Essential Guide to Proactive Customer Service
- 25 Winning Strategies to Make Your Customers Happy
Teambuilding and Leadership
Learn how to improve your company culture, offer better training, and build a strong, cohesive team. If you want your employees to be happier at work and produce higher quality products or services, then it’s time for some serious team building! By investing time into improving your leadership skills today, you can start seeing results tomorrow.
- How to Build an Award-Winning Support Team from Scratch
- 45 Creative Ideas for a Team-Building Retreat
- Smart Shared Mailbox Practices for Teams
- How to Train Your Team: Customer Service Training Ideas
- 9 Ways to Support Colleagues Who Struggle with Rude Customers
- Customer Experience Training Tips
- How to Host a Successful Lunch and Learn
- How to Create an Inspiring Customer Service Philosophy
- 5 Strategies for Effective Customer Communication Management
- Start Off Strong: How to Make a Positive First Impression at Work
- How to Motivate and Build Rapport with Your Employees
Business Success Strategies
We have a list of resources that will help you learn how to succeed in business. Whether it’s understanding what makes customers tick or how they think about your products and services, we have the information you need. It doesn’t matter if you’re just starting out or already established – our guide will provide valuable insight into customer behavior and preferences so that you can grow your company into something more fulfilling than ever before.
- Why Customer Retention Training Should Be Your Highest Priority
- What Is Digital Customer Experience And Why Is It Important?
- What Is Customer-Centric Marketing and Why It Matters
- B2B Customer Service: What it is and How to Deliver It
- Create a Winning Customer Management Strategy
- How Customer Retention Measurement Can Grow Your Business
- Is Outsourcing Customer Service Right for Your Business?
- 5 Stages of a Customer Life Cycle Explained
- Best Service Company: Memorable Stories and Lessons
- Customer Orientation: 10 Steps You Can Implement Today
- What Is Customer Intimacy and Why It Matters
- The Importance of Customer Success in the SaaS Industry
- 6 Steps to Create a Customer-First Business Strategy
- A Step-By-Step Checklist for Client Onboarding
- Service Marketing 101: How It Works
- Strategies to Grow and Keep Your Customer Base
- How to Stop Customers From Fixating on Price
- What Does CRM Stand For?
- 10 Best Customer Experience Management Software Solutions
- Using Customer Data to Improve Your Business
- Customer Insights and What They Can Do for Your Business
- Customer Analysis Simplified: Using Data to Understand Your Customers
- How To Write An Effective Customer Analysis Report
- Best Customer Database Software for Your Team
- How to Conduct Consumer Surveys
- 20 Help Desk Interview Questions to Find Great Support Staff
You might be wondering what to do with your career. We’re here to help. Our career guides are designed for those who desire to become an integral part of the customer service industry and wish to explore their career options.
It’s time to get the information you need so that when it comes time to search for jobs, everything will be right at your fingertips!
- Are Customer Service Jobs Hard?
- 12 Pros and Cons of Working in Customer Service
- How to Succeed in a Customer Facing Role
- What Is A Customer Service Specialist And What Do They Do?
- What Is a Customer Success Manager?
- How to Become a Switchboard Operator
- Customer Service Manager: Salary and Job Description
- How to Succeed at Internal Customer Service
- Exploring a Career as a Customer Service Manager
- Customer Service Representative Jobs
- Working in a Call Center: What You Need to Know
- Customer Support Specialist: Skills, Education, Career Potential
- Chief Customer Officer: Skills, Education and Career Outlook
- What Is Customer Relations? Definition, Tips, and Best Practices
- Exploring a Career as a Customer Success Specialist
- Are You Suited to Be a Customer Service Representative?
- Client Service Representative: A Career Outlook
Job Interview Tips
We’ve all been there, and we know how stressful it can be to prepare for a job interview. You want to make sure you do everything right to get the job offer. But where do you start? What should you focus on?
These are questions that people ask themselves when they’re getting ready for an interview, and we have the answers! Our guides will walk through every step of the process. By the end, not only will you feel prepared but also confident in your abilities and excited about what comes next!
- Ace Interview Question: “Do You Want To Tell Us Anything Else About You?”
- Ace Interview Question: “What Does Customer Service Mean to You?”
- Top 10 Common Retail Interview Questions and Answers
- Interview Outfits: How to Feel Confident & Get the Job
- Must-Know Tips for a Successful Panel Interview
- How Long Do Interviews Last?
- What to Bring to a Job Interview: Your Must-Have Checklist
- Top 10 Customer Service Rep Interview Questions
- How to Cancel an Interview Via Email (Examples Included)
- How To Decline A Job Interview
- Answer These 10 Common Call Center Interview Questions Easily
- How to Make a Good First Impression at a Job Interview
Resumes and Cover Letters
We’ve got the tools and templates you need to make a great first impression. Our resume templates are designed with career professionals in mind, so they will help you stand out from the crowd. And our cover letter templates are perfect for showcasing your skills and experience. That means no more stressing over formatting issues or wondering what goes where!
- Write a Killer Customer Service Resume Objective
- Write a Winning Customer Service Manager Resume (FREE Sample)
- 10 Transferable Retail Skills to Add to Your Resume
- Customer Service Associate Resume: Tips and Sample
- Write an Effective Customer Service Cover Letter
- How to Quit Your Job (FREE Resignation Letter Samples)
- How to Write a Short Resignation Letter (FREE Sample)
- Reference Letter vs. Recommendation Letter: What You Need To Know
- How to Conduct a Reference Check After an Interview
- 10 Telltale Signs You Didn’t Get the Job
- Should I Quit My Job? 10 Clear Reasons It’s Time to Resign
Education and Certification Options
The world is changing, and you know it’s important to stay ahead of the curve. There is no one size fits all solution when it comes to finding the best training for your needs.
That’s why our team has put together these tips on all things education and certification options so that you can make an informed decision about which path will work best for you!
- Library of Free Online Customer Service Training Videos
- Customer Service 101 Training
- The Importance of Obtaining a Customer Service Certification
- 5 Advantages of Taking Customer Service Training Online vs. Face to Face
- 3 Myths About Customer Success Certifications
- 5 Reasons You Need to Get a Customer Service Certification
- Should I Get a Customer Service Degree? Pros and Cons
- Critical Benefits of Customer Training Programs
FREE SCRIPTS AND TEMPLATES
Our goal is to help you grow your career by providing valuable resources that will benefit both you and your customers. Click to download these free downloadable scripts and templates that are easy to customize and use in communication with customers!
- Customer Service Onboarding & Training Template
- Customer Service Resume & Cover Letter Templates
- 60 Customer Service Interview Questions
- Customer Support Strategy & Planning Template
- 30+ Customer Service Email Templates
- 3 Resignation Letter Templates
- 30 Customer Satisfaction Survey Questions
- 30+ Customer Service Phone Scripts
- Customer Service Career Guide