10 Inspirational Customer Service Quotes
Check out these 10 quotes about serving others from famous authors, business leaders, athletes, world leaders, and celebrities to help keep you inspired and motivated!
Working in customer service can sometimes feel challenging. You’re at the receiving end of all kinds of complaints – some justified and some not. Trying to remain cheerful, polite, and positive can be a challenge!
These quotes will help help you stay motivated and inspired to keep doing your best work!
Quotes about serving others from famous authors
- “Always render more and better service than is expected of you, no matter what your task may be.” – Og Mandino
Og Mandino was the author of the bestselling book, The Greatest Salesman in the World. In this quote, the famous author reminds us of the power of going that extra mile for the customer and challenging yourself to always give your best.
- “I slept and dreamt that life was joy. I awoke and saw that life was service. I acted and behold, service was joy.” – Rabindranath Tagore
Rabindranath Tagore was an incredibly influential Bengali poet, writer, composer, philosopher, social reformer, and painter. In this quote, he reminds us of the satisfaction that can come from helping a customer solve their problem. When you stay focused on the potential positive outcome for your customer, it becomes a genuine pleasure to serve them.
Quotes about serving others from business leaders
- “A business absolutely devoted to service will have one worry about profits. They will be embarrassingly large.” – Henry Ford
This fantastic quote from one of America’s most famous and celebrated business leaders, Henry Ford, really demonstrates the power that awesome customer service has to build a brand.
Perhaps it was this customer-centric and forward-thinking approach that allowed him to come up with incredible innovations like the assembly line technique – which is still used around the world today. As a customer service professional, it’s important to keep in mind just how vital the role you play for your company is.
- “Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.” – Bill Gates
When dealing with a customer’s issue, it’s easy to forget that their problem is also an valuable learning opportunity – both for you and for the company you represent. By carefully monitoring and tracking customer complaints, you can help your business improve, while also developing your own skills.
Quotes about serving others from sports personalities
- “Remember this. Hold on to this. This is the only perfection there is, the perfection of helping others. This is the only thing we can do that has any lasting meaning. This is why we’re here. To make each other feel safe.” – Andre Agassi
While he’s more known for his success on the tennis court, former world number one, eight-time Grand Slam champion, and 1996 Olympic gold medalist Andre Agassi shares a deeper side to his personality in this quote. Your role in customer service gives you a unique opportunity to make someone’s life a little easier every day – and that’s worth celebrating!
- “Persistence can change failure into extraordinary achievement.” – Matt Biondi
With an incredible eleven Olympic medals and five world records to his name, American swimmer Matt Biondi knows all about success! In this quote, he reminds us of the power of persistence. Rather than seeing a complaint as a failure, try and see it as an opportunity to come up with something better for the customer. If one solution fails, keep trying until you find a mutually beneficial resolution.
Quotes about serving others from world leaders
- “The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.”
– Mahatma Gandhi
Civil rights icon Mahatma Gandhi has inspired generations of people around the world with his thoughtful quotes. This one in particular holds special significance for those in customer service, as it highlights just how fulfilling helping others can be. Even if a complaint seems trivial or frivolous, giving up your time and energy to make the customer smile is always rewarding.
- “People don’t care how much you know until they know how much you care.” – Theodore Roosevelt
The 26th US president, Theodore ‘Teddy’ Roosevelt is known for his many political accomplishments, including mediating an end to the Russo-Japanese War, highlighting the importance of natural conservation, initiating the construction of the Panama Canal, and even surviving an assassination attempt. (After which he famously refused medical attention, but rather went on to deliver the speech he intended to, throwing in the line, “It takes more than that to kill a Bull Moose”!)
In this quote, we see a little of why he was such a good mediator and negotiator. Having a good understanding of your company’s products and services is essential for any customer service agent, but even more important is having a caring and helpful attitude.
Quotes about serving others from celebrities
- “If you’re not making someone else’s life better, then you’re wasting your time. Your life will become better by making other lives better.”
― Will Smith
Will Smith is known for his approachable, likeable personality and easy-going charm, which always manages to shine through in his movie roles. This quote gives us an insight into the attitude behind that charm – a commitment to focusing on others before self. With this mindset, any customer service professional will find meaning and joy in the work they do.
- “If you ever need a helping hand, it is at the end of your arm. As you get older you must remember you have a second hand. The first one is to help yourself. The second hand is to help others.” – Audrey Hepburn
This great quote from the iconic screen legend Audrey Hepburn has quite a few valuable points for customer service professionals! It shows us both the importance of taking the initiative and thinking outside the box to solve a customer’s challenge, and that we need to remember what our ultimate goal when dealing with a customer online, on the phone, or in person is: helping them get the most out of what your company has to offer.
We hope you’ve enjoyed these 10 inspiring quotes about serving others in customer service!
CustomersFirst Academy offers comprehensive customer service training designed to help you grow your skills and advance your career.
To keep learning and developing your knowledge of customer service, we highly recommend the additional resources below: