If you’d like to improve your customer service skills and grow your career, you’re in luck. There are a number of excellent customer service courses available online, taught by passionate industry experts. Whether you’re new to customer service or you’ve been working in the field for years, updating your skills through ongoing professional education is a great way to advance your career. In this article, we’ll take a look at some highly recommended customer service courses online and what they have to offer.
Looking for the best online customer service training?
CustomersFirst Academy offers some of the best customer service courses online. The courses are led by customer service expert, Viktoriya Maya, and can be taken as individual courses or as a comprehensive training program.
Our customer service training includes interactive exercises and quizzes to help you practice what you’ve learned.
Topics covered include:
- Customer service essentials
- The value of customer service
- Exceeding your customer’s expectations
- How to share customer experiences
- Building rapport with customers
- Managing customer expectations
- Developing a customer-centric mindset
- Preventing upset customers
- Handling difficult customers
- Learning from upset customers
- Problem-solving in customer service
- Using language strategically
- Self-care and personal growth
- And more!
By the end of this customer service course, you’ll be able to confidently handle customer service interactions and create a positive customer experience. You will also gain strategies to prevent empathy burnout and advocate for your own self-care.
This customer service course is perfect for customer service representatives, salespeople, customer success managers, business owners, and anyone who wants to learn how to provide outstanding customer service. The course is self-paced and can be completed in as little as 6 hours.
If you’re looking for an online customer service course that will give you the skills and knowledge you need to excel in customer service, then CustomersFirst Academy is the right choice for you. Enroll today and start learning from the experts!
Still not sure if this customer service course is right for you? Check out our customer service course preview to get a taste of what the course has to offer.
If you have any questions about the customer service course, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re always happy to help!
Types of customer service training
When it comes to customer service, there is no one-size-fits-all solution. The best customer service teams are those that have been trained to handle a variety of customer service scenarios. Here are some of the most popular types of customer service courses online:
- General skills training: These customer service courses online will teach you the basics of customer service, including communication skills, problem-solving skills, and conflict resolution.
- Sales techniques: This type of customer service training will teach your team how to upsell and cross-sell products and services.
- Call center training: This type of customer service training will teach your team how to handle customer service calls, including how to defuse difficult situations.
- Email etiquette: This type of customer service training will teach your team how to communicate with customers via email, including how to handle customer service inquiries.
- Social media management: This type of customer service training will teach your team how to manage social media accounts for customer service purposes.
- Conflict resolution: This type of customer service training will teach your team how to handle difficult customers.
Each of these skills is necessary for customer service teams. The best online customer service courses will offer a variety of customer service training modules so that your team can be prepared for any customer service scenario.
Customer service is a dynamic field, so you need to be prepared for anything!
Customer service online courses can also be divided into two main types: courses that help you get started and courses that help you get ahead.
Getting started: Online customer service training courses
Online customer service courses that help you get ahead are often referred to as customer service training programs. These programs are designed to give you the skills and confidence you need to succeed in a customer-facing role. The customer service industry is rapidly changing, and customer service training programs can give you the edge you need to keep up with the latest trends.
When you are first getting started in customer service, it is important to find a customer service training program that suits your needs. You may want to consider a customer service course that covers the basics of customer service, such as how to talk to customers and how to develop a customer-centric mindset.
You don’t have to walk in empty-handed to your first day on the job. Consider taking a customer service course online so that you can be prepared with the skills and knowledge you need to succeed. This type of online course will give you the opportunity to learn at your own pace and in your own time. You can also retake the course as many times as you need to, so that you can be sure that you are getting the most out of it.
Getting ahead: Digital customer service courses online
The digital age of customer service is here. And that means the way we serve customers is changing constantly. Digital customer service courses are designed to help you stay up to date on the latest customer service trends and best practices.
These courses are more specific than the customer service training programs and are a great way to learn about customer service in the digital age. Some of the topics they may cover (as of 2022) include:
- Omnichannel customer service
- Customer data security
- Emotive technology
And who knows what else has changed since we wrote this article! The best way to stay on top of customer service trends is to take customer service courses online.
Free online customer service training videos
If you are trying to stay up to date on customer service trends, you can also use the CustomersFirst Academy free customer service training videos found online. These videos offer customer service agents tips and best practices for handling customer interactions. The customer service training videos are updated regularly, so you can be sure you are always learning the most up-to-date information.
These videos include webinars, podcasts, and customer service articles. You can access customer service tips from customer service experts from companies like Thinkific and Shopify, as well as a surprise HR professional! These customer-service thought leaders provide their advice and knowledge so you can improve your customer service skills.
You can also find customer service courses on the CustomersFirst Academy Youtube channel. These customer service courses are designed to help you build the customer service skills you need to be successful.
The CustomersFirst Academy offers customer service courses for all levels of customer service representatives.
Ready to get started?
Explore customer service courses and certifications offered by CustomersFirst Academy:
Customer Service Training for Individuals:
- Customer Service Certificate Program
- Master Customer Service Essentials (Online Course)
- Learn How to Handle Difficult Customers Like a Pro (Online Course)
- Explore ALL courses here!
Customer Service Team Training for Businesses: